Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My first blog


So, I have recently been getting more and more interested in the blogosphere and decided to contribute my own blog. When I thought about what I should focus on, the only thing I feel like I could confidently blog extensively on would be music. So, what I plan on doing is posting an artist/song/album that I feel is pretty tiiiiight, and then explain why I enjoy it. The challenge will be updating it everyday because as every one knows, everyone hates a non-updated blog.

So, to the meat of the first blog.

I believe the first artist to be featured has got to be Mr. Stevie Wonder. Stevie, to me is the ultimate musician. Not many people know this, but on many of his records, Stevie played almost every instrument and is a pretty wicked drummer.

Stevie's best album, in my opinion, is Songs in the Key Of Life. My personal favorite off of the album is the title track, Love's In Need of Love Today.  It is 7 minutes of pure bliss. The horn section and pure funkiness of Sir Duke also comes in close second. It has a personal note to me as it is my Dad's favorite song. As a bass player, he used to play that run in the chorus over and over when I was growing up. Also,  Coolio sampled Pastime Paradise for Gangsta's Paradise. Thus Stevie contributed heavily to the most gangsta song in history.

Hopefully, Stevie continues to make great music for a time to come. His last album was pretty stellar. The track featuring Prince on guitar, So What The Fuss? is FUNKY. 

Long Live Stevie.

Until Tomorrow(hopefully), BD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

usually eyesight is required in order to be the ultimate musician